Skip navigation
 

Craft (for 1.51)


It is common to call "craft" a specific cube receipts group in an original Diablo II but we will tell about few other receipts as well.
There are two major groups of receipts for Horadric Cube:
1. Receipts which keep the base item type and all item properties;
2. Receipts which keep only the item type.

We will take a look at receipts which belong to the second group, i.e. they completely remove initial item's properties and bestow new ones which don't depend on the initial item used in the receipt.

Blood crafts catalogue
Caster crafts catalogue
Hit-power crafts catalogue
Safety crafts catalogue

Definitions

Automod - the modifier appearing on some item classes which can appear on normal (white), magic (blue), rare (yellow) and craft (orange) items.
Affix - the modifier appearing on magic, rare and craft items. It is presented in the magic item name if appears. Example: "Beryl Small Charm of Balance".
Prefix - the affix appearing before the item name. Example: "Beryl Small Charm of Balance".
Suffix - the affix appearing after the item name. Example: "Beryl Small Charm of Balance".
Magic affix - the affix that can appear on magic (blue) items only.
Rare affix - the affix that can appear on magic, rare and craft items.
plvl - the level of the character that is performing cube transformation.
ilvl - the level of the main item participating in the receipt.
alvl - maximum affix level that can appear on the item.
mlvl - alvl bonus that is available for certain item types (adding after the calculation by the receipt formula).
lvl - the item level that is bestowed to the resulting item.
reqlvl - the character level required for using the item.

Creating and modifying magic items

These receipts are resulting with the magic item that has 25% chance for the prefix only, 50% chance for the suffix only and 25% chance for both prefix and suffix. Reqlvl for magic items is equal to max reqlvl among affixes and the base item type.

3 standard gems + 1 socketed weapon -> socketed, magic weapon
alvl = 0.6 * ilvl, the better initial item you take the more maximum possible affix level you get. As ilvl (0.6) is significantly less than 1 this receipt is barely usable because of low level of possible affixes and automods. The resulting item has lvl = 30 and 1-2 sockets. You must use normal weapon with sockets in this receipt.

3 chipped gems + 1 magic weapon -> socketed, magic weapon
alvl = 0.5 * ilvl, lvl = 25. The affixes and automods maximum level is significantly lower than the initial item has, as well as in the previous receipt.

3 flawless gems + 1 magic weapon -> socketed, magic weapon
alvl = 0.6 * ilvl, lvl = 30. The affixes and automods maximum level is significantly lower than the initial item has, as well as in the previous receipts.

1 magic small shield + 1 spiked club + 2 skulls -> shield of spikes
4 health potion + 1 ruby + 1 magic sword -> sword of the leech
1 diamond + 1 kriss + 1 staff + 1 belt -> savage polearm

These 3 receipts create a magic item with a particular affix. First two receipts result with item having lvl = 30, the last receipt gives an item with lvl = 50.

3 perfect gems + 1 magic item -> magic item
alvl = ilvl
This receipt is potentially very interesting because it does not create sockets and does not changes affixes level. Thus, you can use it many times on the same item until you get desired affixes. For the instance, this way you can get Jagged Small Charm of Craftsmanship carrying Max Damage +90 or Shimmering Small Charm of Endurance carrying All Resistances +5, Endurance +40.

3 magic rings -> magic amulet
3 magic amulets -> magic ring

alvl = 0.75 * plvl
The affix level on the resulting item depends on the character's level only. This way the higher your character level is, the more powerful item you can get.

Creating and modifying rare items

Rare items cannot carry magic only affixes so their affixes a bit weaker but there can be 3 to 4 affixes for jewels and 3 to 6 affixes for other items. There cannot be more than 3 prefixes or suffixes and also the item cannot contain two affixes of the same group. Reqlvl of rare item is equal to maximum reqlvl of all affixes and the base item type.

10 magic rings -> 1 rare ring
10 magic amulets -> 1 rare amu

alvl = 0.75 * plvl
The affix level on the resulting item depends on the character's level only. This way the higher your character level is, the more powerful item you can get.

6 magic charms -> rare charm
alvl = 0.8 * plvl
Looking at the formula, you can see that best rare charms you will get by performing this receipt by a high-level character. Though even in this case you cannot hope to get best affixes.

3 magic jewels -> rare jewel
alvl = plvl
You can use this receipt to get jewels with powerful properties.

1 perfect skull + 1 rare item + soj -> rare item
alvl = 0.75 * (plvl + ilvl)
This receipt has significantly increased range of available affixes and automods but still makes no sense because of Stone of Jordan spent in it.

Creating and modifying craft items

Craft receipts form the whole separate group that is widely ised in original LoD and significanly more powerful in BFE.
Craft items (except jewels) have several fixed properties depending on the receipt type, and also can get 1 to 4 rare affixes. There cannot be more than 3 prefixes or 3 suffixes and also two affixes from the same group.
The affixes amount depends on alvl:
  • alvl 1-30 - 1-4 affixes
  • alvl 31-50 - 2-4 affixes
  • alvl 51-70 - 3-4 affixes
  • alvl over 70 - 4 affixes
Craft item reqlvl = 10 + maximum reqlvl among the affixes on the item + 3 * affixes amount.

Crafts are very interesting with their ability to create very powerful items you cannot get in other way. Examples:

Circlet
reqlvl = 53

Curse Length reduced by 25%
Magic Resistance +15
Leeching Life +30%
Deadly Strike +20%
Life +160
Mana +90
Gold +80%

All Resistances +20

Thunder Maul
reqlvl = 70
Leeching Life +30%
Life +100
Damage +450%
Attack +550
Attack Speed +40%


3 rare jewels -> crafted jewel
alvl = plvl
This receipt is almost equal to 3 magic jewels -> rare jewel. Actually, the reqlvl is lower for the first receipt and you can potentially get the same affixes.

magic item + gem + rune + magic jewel -> crafted item
These receipts are used for equipment including rings and amulets. According to the receipt, the item gets few random affixes as well as fixed properties. Receipts are separated by 3 groups depending on their power and used components. Three variations of this receipt are listed below.

Standard gem + first aett rune
alvl = 0.3 * (plvl + ilvl)
The weakest receipts group which can be used for creating powerful items by high-level characters for weaker characters if you use a shared stash. This receipt is unlikely to get powerful affixes.

Perfect gem + second aett rune
alvl = 0.6 * (plvl + ilvl)
Intermediate power receipts which can be used to create items for mid-level characters.

Perfect gem + third aett rune
alvl = plvl + ilvl
Most powerful receipts which open an opportunity to get very powerful affixes even for mid-level characters. Though this way you will also get items which most possibly will have very high reqlvl.